Sunday, October 7, 2012

A start


I decided it was time to write about my journey in the disability world. Starting this blog is part of my writing.

In my 7 months working for CBM International I have been exposed to disability in a fresh light.  And thought if I am only now seeing this, and I am disabled, how many others of us are not seeing it, and who can gain a better understanding and heart for seeing it from reading stories fresh from the heart and eyes of my experiences in the field.
In the past I always saw my disability as the worst thing that can ever happen to me, but oh how my mind is changing. 

Before I saw my disability as a painful

Now I see it as healing for others

Before I was so embarrassed and tried to hide it

Now I see how it being exposed can change others

Before it was all about my feelings and insecurities when I was around people who were not disabled

Now it’s about others and how they feel and making them comfortable around me

Before it was ignoring the facts about my disability and trying to be normal like everyone else

Now it’s about taking on the facts and realising and really defining “what is normal”

Journey with me on this, and let’s see where we go!

4 comments:

  1. Catherine - thanks for including me in your blog. Good to sense the growth in your being. Keep it going - the blog and the physical and spiritual journey to the peak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will enter on this journey with you and live vicariously through your experiences and the changes that you will bring to the lives of others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am sure they will be inspiring to many. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had a look at your picture journal. Made me want to do it as well! although it looked awfully far..... Well done to you and your team! Congratualtions! I hope it gives you new inspiration to keep up all the good work you are doing.

    ReplyDelete